Angelfish

mitch

rams are pretty sensitive so only go for them if youve got some good water, very picky about it but they are well worth the effort. i had a few triple reds in with my angels a while back and they were VERY agro, i think its cause of the inbreeding. dunno, just something to consider :) . my rams/apistos stayed near the bottom/middle.

if you want to add lots of colour you cant go past guppies and platties. having red, yellow and white platties swimming around looks really nice if you have a dark background. and since theyre so eay to breed you can either keep the babies and sell em or leave em in there for a tasty treat!! those two mostly stay at the top. other fish that stay at the top are siamese fighters but they could have a go at your angels fins, some of the gouramis (ive heard DG are normally quite heavily infested with nasties so only get em if you can quarentine them first)

bottom feeders that have colours...hmmmm... maybe albino cories? lots of people have BN but they arent that colourful hehe.

i do agree that having fish that fill all the levels makes your tank look soo much more alive. have fun picking out your new fishes :P

might do, i dont know much about bettas though. i do think that if your male saw the angel as competition things could get ugly, especially if you have a woosy angel :lol: but if hes busy trying to court the females all the time he could leave everyone alone. only problem then is that if they do breed he could take over a certain portian of the tank to raise the fry.

i used to have one in with my angels way back and he was fine, never fought with the angels but i was baby sitting a fighter a while ago that was very agro and spent all day chasing my angel. i think it comes down to the individuals personality.

what about just 2 females?

ok, then rogans fighter is mental lol. i baby sat for his and he nailed my angel. guess that goes to show how different their personalities can be huh? if your angel is a stroppy one hed probably atatck your fighter and vice versa

Thanks for the help, here is the list for my 130ltr tank....

6 Angels,3 Blue Gouramis & 3 Dawafs. 4 Guppies,3Platies,2Cherry Barbs and 2 Bristlenose catfish.

If there is room i'll try some Neon Rainbows and some Diamond Tetras, That would put another 10 fish in the tank.

I'll start with the Angels and Bristlenose first and work up to the rest.

HI Mitch

Cherry barbs are schooling fish, so like a group of atleast six to be happy. And if you are getting a mix of male and female guppies and platies, make sure that there are at least two females to every male.

Angels are far from angelic! they may go a bit at the guppies tails. and certainly dont put a siamese fighter in with them, as Caryl said they will attack it and it wont have nice fins for long!

enjoy your fish

plecs

How long has the tank been cycled? Bristlenoses need a reasonably mature tank so they have something to graze on.

The cherries would still be happier in a group and look better. One or 2 don't show their colours like a big group of them.

I wouldn't be adding any more to your list either.

I would agree, the cherries are real pretty too! You dont need to worry too much about the male to female ratio with them either, so you can have more of the brighter coloured males, thats in my experience anyway.

They are also pretty hardy, certainly more so that the neon rainbows.

Good luck and enjoy,

plecs