March 5, 200620 yr comment_91297 I just have my first tank up and running and start to learn a lot. One thing that surprises me was the night behaviour of clown fishes. I have a pair of clown fishes and at night time the do a kind of swiveling dance in a corner of the tank. First I thought there was something wrong with them but then a day time they swim normally and eat also properly. And this behaviour repeats every night. To me it looks like there night time behaviour looks much more exhausting then there day time behaviour. Is this indeed normal behaviour for clown fish? Further they also surprised me the other day. I read that clown fish sometimes adopt a coral in the absent of an anemone. I have a nice bubble coral and expected them to go for it but they preferred my green open brain coral. Strange combination. Jeroen Report
March 5, 200620 yr comment_91303 I used to have my ones living in a torch coral, and before that some hair aglae. Even heard of them living in pulsing xenia. They do not need a host anemone in a reef aquarium. Welcome and good luck Report
March 5, 200620 yr comment_91305 One thing that surprises me was the night behaviour of clown fishes. I have a pair of clown fishes and at night time the do a kind of swiveling dance in a corner of the tank. Jeroen My clown did the same thing after I had to remove its anemone from the tank. Report
March 9, 200620 yr comment_92010 I have a colown i my tank and had since the year finding nemo released( didnt get it because of the movie :lol: ) but it has been pretty much hiper since we got at night it swims around as if it day ( and fast at that) its kind o funny where all the other fishes are hardly moving this guy swim around but his swimming patterns are different to day his body sourt of dances ( i dunno if this is what you meant) while swimming Report
March 9, 200620 yr Author comment_92038 Sounds indeed a bit like what I saw. Must say that both clowns are now really nestling into my (their) brain coral and now seem to be sleeping in or against the coral. Jeroen Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.