mick jagger lips

fishy family

thanks Caper, yeah it does look like a fungal type thing. The fact that it is wide open that is my biggest concern cos I dont know how he can eat.

We put some salt in the tank and a dose of melafix last night. I guess we will continue doing that untill anything changes.

I have looked and can see right down his throat so cant see any blockage.

He looks like he is pouting and is swimming around normally enough but with these huge open white lips.

we have given him two doses of melafix and put him in a tank on his own.

He isnt eating though.

Do I look like a vet to you? :roll: :lol: .

I have no idea how to try it. I thought perhaps it might feel obvious once you wiggled it. Whether or not you hurt him is a moot point since I am sure he is not comfortable as he is and won't survive without intervention since he can't eat. Putting dislocated bits back in humans hurts, and so does the dislocation itself, so don't think about the pain you may cause, just hope you can get his mouth to shut again.

If you can't see the jaw is obviously out to one side or the other that leaves moving it forwards, or backwards.

Good luck. Rather you than me! 8)

well the white is all but gone so am just finishing up the 7days treatment on the melafix. He is in a tank by himself and I took him out and wiggled and checked for anything stuck and nothing there changed.

However he is eating. slowly but eating.

That is a good sign and he looks less like mick jagger now and more like mr incredable with the huge sticky out chin.