9 Months Later

SteveA

... good you resisted the urge to photoshop it

I did use paintshop to sharpen the images slightly.

It was very tempting to try to fix the colours also but I decided to leave that issue as an excuse to get a new camera.

That big Acropora grandis at the back has quite bright blue/purple tips yet with my camera that doesn't come out. There is also a tricolour acro but you can't see it in the pictures.

Steve

I did use paintshop to sharpen the images slightly

thats what i always do too - simply adds to a pictures clarity, otherwise i find the photos are a bit blurred. time for a camera upgrade for me too. i had a friend take some photos of my tank with a canon 10D, a big difference over a crappy little point and shoot sony dsc-p100 :D canon's rock.

im also warming up my car, almost worth it for the 8 hour drive :wink:

What time are you home, I'm warming the car up now.... lol

Are you home on the weekend? I'm sure Mark will be up for a visit as well. Also time you came and had a look at my new setup.

Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon are the best. Bring an exchange rock to fill the gap - just a bit over hand sized. Last time I looked, the latest one to split, plus it's offspring, were on the same rock.

One good thing about them is that they don't demand to be right on top of the reef and are quite happy to tuck themselves down between rocks and not bother the corals above too much.

Steve

..... i had a friend take some photos of my tank with a canon 10D, a big difference over a crappy little point and shoot sony dsc-p100 :D canon's rock.

im also warming up my car, almost worth it for the 8 hour drive :wink:

I've seen pics of my tank taken with w 350D (possibly D350). After that very impressive demo I have set my sights on the 20D with the image stabiliser lens. The only gap in the plan is the saving up for it.

The anemone came in from Jansen's several years ago and has kept deviding. It is not very colourful but my clown loves it/them all the same. You can count on more of them, the main issue is getting the offspring onto a rock that is not a major part of the reef.

Steve

Been looking at these, fantastic reviews. anyone got one? would like to see some pics.

I was seriously looking at these, but the sales person at every shop that I went to talked me out of it. :o They all suggested getting the 5D instead, which is a fairly significant savings. I said that I wanted flexibility, which included the reef picture stuff, but also sports, diving, etc... They said that the 20D is more of a landscape/portrait camera and has a relatively slow picture rate. If you want action photos (pictures of fish while diving, sports, etc...), then they said go for the 5D or even the Rebel (350D) instead of the 20D.

Sorry Reef. I totally had it backwards and you are right. I originally wanted the 5D and they all suggested to get the 20D or 350D.

You can get a package deal on Ebay (brand new), which includes multiple lenses, tripods, multiple carrying cases, large memory cards, etc... for less than the price of just the camera body in a retail store here. I will be picking up this deal soon!

Very nice, you got some fantastic large acros with nice growth forms.

The trick is not to overcrowd in the early stages. I discovered this with another tank where there were only a few corals. The acro below developed from one branch donated by you a couple of years back. That set of forceps are about 15cm long.

AcroSize.JPG

Steve