sps encrusting on glass

wasp

encrustingonglass.jpg

just thought this was quite cool here's a couple of sps starting to encrust the glass, see how they kill the coraline as they go.

BTW the pic appears to have a red hue, but that's just how it is it was not colour adjusted via photoshop or whatever.

That picture is quite orange compared to how WASP had it before.....It was Bright pink....AWESOME.

Yes the colour varies depending on water quality, and also what phase I'm in with the zeovit dosing.

So people wanting frags are welcome, but be warned it is just the common old normally orange monti.

I'm not convinced they are the same coral, my tank has only been running for a couple of months and I wouldn't call it low nutrient, I have a bright pink monti, blue/purple, and had the orange/brown (until a UV accident killed it) they are all in the same tank at about the same light level but completely different colours. Also the pink and blue came out of my old tank and haven't changed colour at all.

Currently running 3 x 250w DE 10,000k Mh, and have had 2 x 3foot T5 blue tubes going for the last month or so (over 1680mm long tank), so not a lot of T5 action for the size. On the old tank (~900mm) I had 2 x 250w Mh and 2 x 3 foot blue T5's but again only for the last couple of months it was running.

Sounds like your tank's running better than you thought Suphew

Yeah I'll get round to posting some pictures one day, whats blown me away is how much easier the extra water volume makes things (I have double what I had before). Everything is growing a lot faster and looking better, I've been enjoying the fine weather while it lasts so haven't been doing anything much on the tank, just clean/empty skimmer (couple of times a week), feed fish/corals, fill up top up water. I decided I should do some tests on the weekend but only got as far as testing the salinity, which was spot on, last time I tested was when I filled the tank, I guess I should do the full range of tests since I haven't done most since setting up but every thing is doing well, good colour good growth so...