What am I?

Caper

I bought this guy in the summer, he was supposed to be a dalmation platy. But as he has grown, he looks more like a molly, what do you folks think??? Most of the white has gone from him as well, but that happened to my dalmation sailfin molly too, he's mostly black now with yellow at the end of his tail and a bit across the tip of his dorsal fin.

WhatamI.jpg

Cees, is this picture too big? I tried making it smaller but when I previewed the 2 here, they looked the same!

Darn, posted in wrong place, meant to post in freshwater, sorry :-?

Thanks all :bow:

Anthony, when I bought him he had a lot more white on him, now if you look close you can see some white on him not as much though but my sailfin molly was the same when I bought him and he is more black now (than dalmation). You can't see in the pic too good, but the end of his tail and the tip of his dorsal fin are yellow.

I was leaning more towards a molly now too :-? :-?

• 3 weeks later...

He died :cry::cry: on Valentine's Day at that! Fed fishies when I got home for work everything seemed fine...2 hours later...go to get stool I bought so I can sit by the tank and watch my little friends...and there he is head down in the plastic plants :( Absolutely nothing to indicate that this would happen, he appeared and acted fine all along :(:(

He died :cry::cry: on Valentine's Day at that! Fed fishies when I got home for work everything seemed fine...2 hours later...go to get stool I bought so I can sit by the tank and watch my little friends...and there he is head down in the plastic plants :( Absolutely nothing to indicate that this would happen, he appeared and acted fine all along :(:(

Really sorry to hear about your loss, Caper! :(

It's annoying when you don't even now the cause... :-? Maybe he was just old? :(