Power heads set up question

LionOfZion

My tank is a 200 litre tank thats 4 feet long and about 1x1 feet deep and high.

I think I will grab one big pump for now and if need I'll grab a second smaller one later.

Is there much skill in setting up the current ? i.e. making sure the sea anomaes can feed and stay where you want them ?

Is you return pointing down the tank? If so I would just try one pump at the other end and on a timer, this will give some randomish flow. If your return is going into a spray bar, or is small, etc i.e. not creating significant flow itself, I would add another pump also on a timer.

I think most people that use pumps place them where they can be seen least and have best affect. It's hard to judge how your anemone will react to the flow and light, it will move itself to be where it wants, the best you can do is have an idea what it will like and try and create this where you want it to end up. Then cross fingers.

In my four footer I had two pumps a 4,400 litre and a 3,300 litre an hour

Both in opposite back corners.

The powerful one pushed water along the front of the rock face. The less powerful one pushed water along the back.

seemed to work for me.