Quick food for Fry

LYNDYLOO

Got some Angel Fry that are now at the Free Swimming stage, My Brine Shrimps have just arrived by Courier so by the time they hatch will probably be around 48 hrs I would think, going down to pick up a Microworm culture on Sunday, so what do I feed these Fry at the moment, I have some Liquifry but thats for Livebearers, also have Baby Fish Food, is this going to be OK untill I get the Microworms?

Any ideas would be great.

Lynda

Thats right Loopy, egg yolk can be used but first it must be hard boiled. Secondly you cant just put the yolk in or it will foul the water terribly, it must be strained through very tiny little holes. A handkerchief works wonders for this job. This does foul the water quite bad with whatever the fish dont eat, so make sure you do regular water changes to complement the new diet.

Anthony.

the guy at pickapet told me to feed fry egg for the first two weeks then start on bbs. he said to boil it as much as i possibly can and then take a pinch of the yolk and munch it between my fingers then wash my fingers in aquarium water so it becomes a milky liquid. he said to then just tip it in and they will love it. he said to do water changes everyday though because it will make the tank go bad :bounce: :bounce: hope this helps