He's not rare but he is unusual!

stagger lee

Hi people,

Don't hate him coz he's ugly! :lol:

He is not old, he is infact still growing. A friend gave me a couple of killis (both males) just befor xmas. He happily swims around, has a big appetite and is doing just as well as his brother in another tank.

If you were to imagine him staightened out, could anyone tell me what type of killi he is? He has bluey green on his body as well as the yellow colouring you can see in the photo.

Cheers

If you were to imagine him staightened out, could anyone tell me what type of killi he is? He has bluey green on his body as well as the yellow colouring you can see in the photo.

hey stagger lee he looks like a golden lineatus to me but thats only my guess

If I could see him I may be able to help in some way. :evil:

If it was an imported gold lineatus, I'd understand the shape as a lot come in with that genetic fault.

Don't breed with it, obtain "clean" lineatus from a NZKA member.

Alan 104

Bloody hell, get rid of it.

It is of absolutely no use at all.

Sorry to be so rough, but come on.

I belong to the NZKA club as you know and I'm sure one of our members could find you a better one than that.

If you are down this way, I could even give you one as long as that one goes.

Geeze it is one of the worst I've seen in my life.

Alan 104

Hi Alan, thanks for your offer but i think i'll keep him.

With all respect i have to disagree with you as far as him being "of absolutely no use". He has as much as a right to live as my other 'normal' killi. Until i see signs of his quality of life being impaired i don't see why he should get the flush.

SL

Until i see signs of his quality of life being impaired i don't see why he should get the flush

You say the above, do you consider the parts that you can't see.

Twisted spine, twisted misplaced gut.

How can you say that it's quality of life is fine.

You have no idea if it is suffering from pain.

It isn't a child, and I don't say this because it is a killi, I'd say it if it was a gambusia even,

and to kill it you don't "flush" that is a cruel way to dispose of it.

It should never have left the breeders tank, or the wholesalers establishment, or the LFS tanks,

and you could do it a service that you should never have been put into having to do.

Alan 104

hes a cool fish i would have him anyday ............. just because its deformed if it is feeding right, if its acting right, if its altogether looking fine then whats the problem??if he had pains or something then he would be acting funny wouldnt he?!?! so no i think its a cool fish and i would have it any day!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Ok...

Mystic: thanks for comments.

Anthony: don't worry, i never intended to breed him

Alan: if you knew me you would understand that seeing an animal of any kind in pain or suffering is something i just cannot handle. I would never keep something alive for 'novelty value'. And "flush" is just a turn of phrase. So i suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one!

Oh, and he was given to me by a friend who hatched him, but he in no way considers himself a breeder. Just a guy who hatched some eggs once.

EK69: cheers for your positive attitude.

SL

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...