Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Pukerua Bay - NSW

Featured Replies

Hi.

Went down to Pukerua Bay to collect NSW for the first time. Was there at around 11.00 am today (Sat 14th). I'd worked this out to be about high tide. But I found that the water was quite low. It only came up the wall about a foot (that's the wall at the main car park there). Is this usual? I was expecting it to be half way up the wall (don't know why I expected it to be half way up the wall - just did!). Anyone else collect from there? Was I there at the wrong time? Are some high tides better than others?

Or is it always so low at high tide?

Cheers.

I found a good place to check out the tides is...... http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/PukeruaBay.shtml

Has the tides, forecast and temperature ect, has pretty much everywhere on there.

Apparantly the high tide was a little earlier, 10:25am but measured from 5km away. (dont know if that would make a difference)

  • Author

Thanks for that link Feelers. I'll use their data next time. The site I was using had Taranaki as the nearest high tide location, then you had to add approx 20 mins on. I arrived there just before 11 so wasn't too far from high tide. I guess it was just a low high tide. Hopefully it'll be better next time as I didn't feel I was getting the cleanest water possible.

  • Author

Hi Suphew. Keeping cold water marine. 300 litres. 4 Pots and a clean up crew. What have you got? Do you collect NSW?

Tropical marine, just moving from a 300+L 3 foot setup to a 800L 5.5 foot setup, actually moved the first fish over on the weekend. Yeah I collect NSW water from Titahi bay from by the boat shed, there a couple of us that do.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.