help wanted, baby mollies!!

morgie

hey guys,

just wanted some help cause i have got a new born in my presence and cant find anymore. i got about 17 fish the other day and i have a feeling it was the mollie as it was more a normal shape rather than bloated like it was when i got it :wink: lucky i got it when it was pregnant. also the juvi has a mollie like tale. wot should i do? my dads getting a breeding net as i speak but i cant find any more juvi, would the filter suck them in? i got an eheim 2210 so should it be ok?

any help appreciated :hail::hail::hail::hail:

well, managed to save 3 so far... one of them i got while my fighter was hot on its heels, jaws open... i am planning to plant my aquarium well when i next go back to jansens and get drift wood, rocks and plants.

not sure if the mollie will lay anymore as i bought it from the shop pregnant,

(what a bonus) unless it mates with the other two males i have in my tank

thanks for the advice :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

roughly a few million every other week? :lol:

seriously? they should 'drop' a few every few weeks.. They're as bad as guppies! Although the three black mollies I've got (1 boy + 2 girls) don't seem to have been playing naughties...

Fishbase says:

minimum population doubling time less than 15 months

Does that help?

they'll drop a few babies every few weeks =) the only way to stop them breeding is to have the sexes completely separated, and even then that might not be enough... If mollies are anything like guppies, the females can store sperm for quite some time...