Father knows best

Joze

I have a story that will either make you laugh or cry.

We are currently in Hamilton at the In laws. Now FIL complains about his solitary goldfish having ich AGAIN. I suggest that he gets a good medication from the vet (kept that pretty vague as I have never been troubled by it) and that he clean everything in the tank in a mild solution of bleach while leaving this scarred goldfish "soaking in it". I suggested that he remove the charcoal filter altogether, and use noodles in the filter and replace the media in one go when treating the tank. Nope he knows everything, the charcoal filter actually helps the fish and the reason (GOD I LOVE THIS ONE), the reason the fish gets ich is "because the weather in Hamilton is hot and humid". I gave up trying to explain to him as my FIL always knows best and no one knows anything except him. He is that bad he decided to clean my infusoria tank one day and nothing I could say or do would stop him.

Wel I give the goldfish 6 months tops, the poor thing is scarred from previous infections and seems to relapse about once a week.

Arrrrrgggggggghhhh .... another attack of the dreaded father in law!!! Best treatment? Keep the heck away from them in my opinion. Funny but I lived in Hamilton for a few years and never had any problems with my fish. Maybe it is just his suburb!! Location, location, location. :lol: :lol: