Convict cichlids

Devon

Hey.

They are all doing O.K but this morning they were going up and down the sides of the tanks and freaking out.And are breathing quite hard.The temp is sweet and p.h i had fish in there before them and they were ok.COuld it be their getting used to the new tank or .....?

they were going up and down the sides of the tanks and freaking out.

Maybe just settling into there new surroundings, if the ph/gh/kh is different to what they are used to, that can cause stress & heavy breathing.

I have had some cichlids added to new tanks do that, yet at the same time other newbies are fine.

Give a couple of caves, a dark spot in the tank, check water, see how they go.

Frenchy :D

Well now they dont seem to be fighting but the female still looks to be the leader of the tank. Theres a half pot in the tank and they have gone inside push out ALL of the stones and they both go in there for a while come out then go back in.They seem more as a pair now unlike before. Are these promising signs or are they board???? lol and strangly other the last few days they both have been growing this massive bump on their heads.The females one is abit bigger :-? any ideas? She dosent have any yellow markings on her sides to indercate that shes breeding. I carnt even breed water mice :cry: lol.