albino swordtails

shiuh

does anyone here breed albino swordtails? or mollies? just out curiousity. anyone keen on breeding them ? if you walk into a LFS and saw an albinos and the normals. which would you prefer? like albinos or dislike them...please share. i personally would say yes to an albino because they are rarity and i just love those hi fin red albino males.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hollywood Fishfarm had some, a member fro East Auck Club bought them all and Hollywood were getting more but apparently there were health problems with the replacements, got my name down for some but been waiting for a couple of months now with no joy. They were Albino Koi Swordtails, basically the back third was orange, middle third white and front third orange, with red eyes of course.

• 3 weeks later...
Those guys are awesome !! way to go !

Please put me down for so as soon as your ready to sell them !

Again WOW ! :bow::bow::bow:

yes. will let you know :wink: . they are not that fertile maybe they are albino (recessive genes.) but i manage to squeezeeeeeeeeee a couple out of them.

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Napier would be interested in Albino Guppies, Swordtails or Platties if anybody has them for sale and can get them to Napier. :lol:

im afraid albino livebearers are a bit hard to find these days especially guppies. i havent seen albino platies in my life, but albino swordtails and mollies can be found here occasionally

today i wake up and found out that my feather fin synodontis catfish ate almost all of my 2 weeks old little albinos. the reason i put catfish in is that it is good for eating out the hydras. now ive only 3 left. really gutted as the breeding parent has genetic problem and cant really produce much youngs. :cry:

today i wake up and found out that my feather fin synodontis catfish ate almost all of my 2 weeks old little albinos. the reason i put catfish in is that it is good for eating out the hydras. now ive only 3 left. really gutted as the breeding parent has genetic problem and cant really produce much youngs. :cry:

Sorry to hear that :( , as Keri said keep trying there awesome and the only ones i've ever seen like them.

one thing im not sure if they are going to breed anymore. i know livebearer are easy to breed, but breeding pair i have are nothing like it. as i said they have some genetic problem, they dont tend eat a lot and shows sign of spine bent and really thin. but anyhow i shall keep trying.

one thing for sure i shall keep trying. This is not surprising as Albinos are very sensitive fish because they are genetically weaker than the normals. Add to that the fact that each albino is intensely inbred so it remains albino, and you have a bad combination.

• 2 weeks later...