albino swordtails

shiuh

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I have also managed to breed the Albino Koi Swords - they generally have a small fry of 5-8

Now growing up my 5th spawning

I'm very interested in buying some albino swords if anyone has any there willing to send to wellington :) Thanks

i am on my third batch of around 30 babies

sorry cant sell them as yet but need to raise them up till they are breedable.

as we are all trying very hard to breed these.

Thats Cool shiuh, when your ready please drop me a pm, i'd love some of those guys and sure would be breeding them too :)

Wow guys, very cool. I love albinos and I love my swordtails - albino swordtails would be the bomb. When somebody has some for sale please let me know I may have to do a road trip or something. :D

Pics would be wonderful if anybody can get them. :wink: :bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my albino koi sword drop its first brood for me. I have heeps of fry, but none (that i can see) have red eyes, is this somthing that devalops, or will none of this brood be albino.

Here is a pic before she droped 20March006.jpg

What was the father? If they don't have the red eye then they're not albinos but they should carry the gene. I would grow the fry up and cross brother to sister. Hopefully you would get some albinos out of that. As albinism is recessive both parents have to have the gene.

Eg 1:

Albino Female (aa) x Albino Male (aa) = 100% Albino babies (aa).

Eg 2:

Albino Female (aa) x Normal Male (NN) = 100% Normal looking babies that carry the albino gene (Na).

Cross these babies [Na x Na] you should get Normal babies (NN), normal looking babies that carry the albino gene (Na) and a few albinos (aa).

Hope that’s no too confusing.

• 3 weeks later...

HandS,

I generally seem to get 3 drops of fry from one mating with my swordtails. (The females store sperm) If you keep Mummy away from other males for a few months and then cross her with one of her sons their should be a few Albinos in her next 3 drops.

Albino Mum[aa] x her non-albino son who carrys the gene [Na] = some [Na] and some [aa]

Hope this helps.

Has anyone else had any success with the Albino Koi swords? I am also breeding the standard Koi Swords. Had a good brood of 30 babies this week.

Would be keen to hear from others breeding albino koi / koi swordtails?

Matt

Hi, i'd be very keen to buy some koi swords when you or anyone are ready to sell some :) Thanks

• 3 weeks later...