Greetings, All!

cstarretthopkins

Hi Christine... Welcome to the New Zealand Fishroom.

Be real nice to hear about your setup and fish.

Lots of great info here across a wide range of subjects, so you could be busy for a while picking out the ones of interest.

There's another section of the site (click on the twin fish above) where you'll find several articles, a plant survey and lots more interest.

Hope you enjoy,

look forward to your posts :)

Bill(Pegasus)

Hi and welcome Christine. Information I don't mind providing if I can but - entertainment!!?? :lol:

We are certainly a friendly bunch and hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Hi Caryl, and thanks for your warm welcome.

Info and entertainment..............s'all the same to me! :wink:

Chris

Hi Christine... Welcome to the New Zealand Fishroom.

Be real nice to hear about your setup and fish.

Lots of great info here across a wide range of subjects, so you could be busy for a while picking out the ones of interest.

There's another section of the site (click on the twin fish above) where you'll find several articles, a plant survey and lots more interest.

Hope you enjoy,

look forward to your posts :)

Bill(Pegasus)

Thanks, Bill. I hope that I'll be able to offer some helpful insights. I'm admittedly not the most experienced of aquariologists but I'm learning everyday. I'll try to only offer advice when I'm sure of it. I'll probably be better at relating mistakes!!! :P

Chris

Hi Christine, welcome to the forum. What other species of fish have you bred? Got any breeding (aquarium fish :P ) secrets of stories you'd like to share?

Happy fishkeeping :D

Kriber

Hi Kriber!

I've tried to breed Bettas in the past. That was when bbs hatching was so intimidating so I wasn't successful! :wink: Now that I've got that down pat I've just concentrated on the Angels.

I'm lucky enough that I had a distributor readily available and he told me that there's only $$$ to be made raising Angels, Guppies, and Cories. So *I* do Angels! Funny! I always wanted a tank with just Angels........now I've got 31 tanks full of them!!!! You just never know!

My Cories, which I keep in all my breeder and show tanks, keep breeding but I don't have anything to do with it. They just do it and a few survive each time. I just can't *catch* the little buggers!!! :D So everytime I set up a new tank I still go out and buy more!!!

I'll be happy to offer insights to my successes but, honestly, they'll be few until I feel more confident in them. If there is anything that bugs me it's when someone offers advice as "law" and I find that it doesn't work! (For me, anyway!) Know what I mean??

Thanks for taking time to say, "Hi".

Chris

Welcome cstarretthopkins. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do.

I too breed Angles but not on such a large scale as you. I have about five or six tanks with them in. I must admit my four foot tank has about 100 two month olds in it at the moment just growing up before being sold on, so maybe I should look at getting more tanks!! :lol:

The people on this forum are just the best and there is always someone here to offer good advice which I am sure regardless of where we are in the world is still relevant.

welcome into the New Zealand tank Christine :) WOW with 31 tanks I am sure you will be able to help us. I have only one tank and keep messingup the angels efforts to raise fry. Pegasus has been a big help and I am thinking of trying to build a filter (the present one sucked the fry into it - the parents used it as nursery sighhhh) Whoops I have digressed Welcome welcome welcome

Welcome Christine to the nz forum. As you can see I dont post much but do a lot of reading of this forum and a few others regularly. I have only one tank set up right now, Im inthe starting stages of putting together a 65 gal corner ,planted with 2 new angels I just got today. My son has two marble angels that just having fry but they only last a couple of days and the couple eat them. He wont take thefry out of the main tank to inshare their safety. By the way my of tank(55Gal) has also two marbles and they are large adults ,sex??? Again Welcome. Leroy :lol:

Welcome Christine....

Don't get too wrapped up in those feisty angels .... (had some, they got attitude and had to be passed to others who had more forgiving natures). I have outdoor, tropical, and tropical marine going and am amazed that you got to 31 tanks without divorce, suicide or worse (worse??). I'm at 7 tanks and its been insane at times .... all respect to you.....

I have discus, so given the close ties between the good(thats discus) , and the bad and ugly(thats angels) , I will call on you if I may for help....

(lol) :D:D:D

peety