Don't Like what this guy is doing

Fay

I think you guys need to look a bit harder at what he is doing and how what you have been saying comes across. Which is basically like a bunch of red necks.

I will admit he is having some problems with his english which is causing him problems explaining himself, but I have seen some pretty "retarted" questions and poor english (myself included) on this site, and english is the first language for most of us.

As I understand it he is putting the clown fish into holding pens ("cages") while he is acclimitizing them to aquaruim life, this doesn't seem at all unreasonible to me, he is doing this as a favour for friends so that he can increase their chances of breeding. and so reducing the need to remove fish from the reefs. What is so wrong about this?? I haven't seen the QT systems used in NZ but imagine there are far more fish (including clowns) packed into tanks here than what he is doing.

This is how i see what he is doing, he has a large Quarantine tank 500 liters, hes holding all fish in their own holding net to prevent them from harming each other how big these nets are could make a difference, he has two clowns out in the tank hoping that they'l pair up, i assume ounce they do if they do he'l move them to their own tank and release two more clowns hoping they pair up and so on.

Not the ideal inviroment but it seems like a good way to pair them up i dont agree that having them all in one tank is good tho why cant he put them into their own tanks from the begining i dont know.

I have 4 clowns in my 4 footer two perc's and two Polymus the perc's are spawning every two weeks and seem happy and the polymus seem to be doing the mating dance but haven't started spawning.

suphew wrote:

I think you guys need to look a bit harder at what he is doing

That has only come to light, he made it sound like it was a permanent arrangement in the beginning.

I have added a post since then to say I think I understand what he is doing if you can believe him

He posted explaining what he was doing at 1:53 on the 19th, he then posted a couple more times asking people to actually read his post, then at 5:34 on the 19th this comment "I'll leave you in there until you die then we can discuss it in hell..." was made by someone in NZL.

I think you all owe him an apology, at the very least.

suphew:

What makes you think it's o.k. what he is doing he doesn't say how long he intended to leave those poor clowns like that!!!

Plus we only have his say so if you think it's not cruel that is for you not us!!

I only hope it has made him think about it!!

Look i cant say i agree with what he's doing either but theres no use telling him to stop and abusing him as he'd most likely ignore you, how about giving the guy some ideas on how to house them better suggest things instead of telling him what to do, at least he asked for help and didn't do it all on trial and error then we'd be none the wiser remember he asked for peoples input not abuse i've given him a little advise as i see fit if he uses it then good if he doesn't then i cant do much about it but at least i gave him some advise at the end of the day.

Being Cruel to animals is bad. However, I think many members of this forum have been a little rude and unfair. He is not doing it to be intentionally cruel to these animails.

What is the minimum amount of water per fish before it stops being cruel? Is not ok for cup per fish, but 2 cups per fish is OK? Keeping clowns in a nano is OK? No-one gave Briananemone a hard time for his, would be the same as us living in a room the size of our bathroom (with someone else!) for ever, isn't this cruel?

Many of you here, myself included, have killed our fish. Think of the fish that you have starved to death, or the ones that have slowly suffocated whilst drying out on the carpet, or the ones you have frozen or cooked alive or what about the fish you have poisoned with flatworm exit and other medications.

Hypocrits.

Pie

hey my fish loved the nano :D , he got feed well and it was small bits often, he's abit miffed at me now that he's back in the big tank cause i only feed once a day if that.

my issue was with the fact that they were maroon clowns which are notorius for being aggressive and not mixing well, the cage thing was a bit disturbing at first but once he explained it i understood a little more.

Free speach is all ic an say. Some agree some disagree with his actions, as you said pies, how small is too small is really underfined, so mostly it is personal opinion, and i think that is mostly what has been expessed. Maybe at some points getting a little personal though :D

For my two cents, not that i know a hell of alot about keeping marine, we should be suggesting methods for him to improve the circumstances. (Not that i personally know any.)