Eheim or a Laguna

HelifaxNZ

Hmmm, you can get similar LPH eheim and lagunas for the same price? Either you're getting the eheims for really cheap or being charged way too much for the lagunas. Most places as far as I've seen sell the Lagunas for about half the price of the eheims for similar flows.

perhaps a generalisation - eheims are the better quality but a bit more expensive, lagunas are good quality but a better price :D if i get another pump i'll go laguna purely because I need it to be > 5000lph (eheim only do up to about 3500lph with the 1262 i think)

Hmmm... Tough call. If I get the Eheim, I'll have to wait for 2-3 weeks for it to arrive, but if I get a Laguna, I can get it straight away. Also...

Eheim 1262 - 3400l/h - 80W

Laguna 4 - 3600l/h - 55W

Leaning more to Laguna, more output and less wattage. Or should I wait for an Eheim? :-?

Ehiem all the way. No issue with the Laguna, but the Ehiems have a proven track record, and other than price you'd struggle to find many people with bad experances.

Pie

will have to agree with you there pies..But i do use a laguna powerjet 5000

as a return pump been going for about 3 weeks all good so far. we will just see how they stand up to the eheims :D

I run two Laguna 7's for my return pumps and pretty stoked so far. I also have quite a few Eheim pumps running since the start and NEVER had a problem with those. It's not that I've had any problems with the Lagunas either, but they are relatively new additions.

Ohhh yeah thats the other thing that I dislike about the Laguna, they don't come with die tapped fitting so you can screw presure pipe into them, you have to ghetto something up because it only has bayonet style push fit connectors on them.

Piemx

If you're using it submerged though(I dunno if it's a good idea to do otherwise) the quick fitting thing on them is great, makes it real quick and easy to connect and disconnect the pump. But I'd imagine it is a little bit leaky, not enough to care about unless it's not underwater though.