Fluro Tubes

Snowman

Is anyone in Auckland able to supply some fluros?

Looking for some 3' tubes and some for my AR850 (740mm from endcap to endcap) mainly for plant growth (which i think is 7500k).

Had enough of LFS staff having no stock and not knowing what they are selling (can't tell me what k rating bulbs are, don't know if they have them or can get them and can't tell me the difference between 7500k and 15000k)

Any help appreciated.

Snowman - I'd go to any electical supplier including Coreys and Master Trade. Rock in like you know what your talking about and say "Mate, i'm looking for of 6500 Kelvin

Remember - The only difference between a 6500k petshop bulb and a 6500k electrical supplier bulb is price. If you do some digging on line you can even find who manifactures the 'special pet brand' of fluros for Interpet etc *cough* *Philips* *cough*.

I use a mix of 6000 and 6500k, for no reaon than it seemed like a good idea at the time. I payed about $7.20ea for my tubes.

Easy peasy.

Pie

I was looking for a heat bulb to keep some baby turtles warm--$50.00 in the pet shop and needed to buy Edison fitting. Went to electrical supplier and told them what I wanted and they said the only difference between an ordinary bulb and a red one is the colour of the glass. I said an ordinary would give too much light so he sold me a red one with a reflector (used in discos) for $7.00. works good. I also bought a 3ft flouro light, growlux and natural tube for the same price as a growlux tube in the pet shop.

Awesome guys :hail:

Thanks heaps, i tried the "i know what i'm talking about" at Rexel East Tamiki but the lady didn't know what k rating the tubes were and tried to tell me i need the purple (15000k i think) for plant growth. She did give me 2 free starters so i think thats worth a mention :D

Once again thanks everyone for helping me "see the light" :o :roll: :lol: