To hot to handle

raeh1

worst thing i did was spend $900 on a chiller about 18 months ago but havent used it since. tank temperature did get up a little last summer (high 29's i think it hit) - just when i was going to get around to plumbing it up, summer ended :D thats on top of my "must do soon" list for the tank! i will probably gravity feed mine easiest way just means more plumbing :o its 8:30pm and tank is at 27.0 - it usually sits at 25

How cost efficient would it be to cool/heat the room instead of just the tank? I am thinking of getting one of those heat pumps for the insulated shed/sleepout that houses my tank. I’ve seen a small one on Trademe for $600 that is rated for a small office. Even if I were to get a slightly larger one, the price only jumps to around $1200. As Chimera said, he spent $900 on his chiller and I am assuming that the room is still hot. It would be nice to adjust the ambient temperature so that not only are my fish happy, but I’m not a sweaty pig either! Is this a ridiculous idea in terms of efficiency?