In Wall Tank

freshwest

The tank is going tobe 2400 x 800 x800 (Glass / Ply ) it is going to be a planted discus tank . The room is ideal ,with the family room on the viewing side and fish room on the other . So access will be good . I will start a new thread once i start building the tank . At this stage i am framing the wall hence the question of tank heights from the floor . I have framed it at 1 meter but could raise it if needed .

Just a thought, but if the base of your tank is 1m off the ground, and the tank is 0.8m deep, then the top of the tank will be about 6 feet off the ground!! That would make it a bugger of a job to clean. Also, how to do plan to reach the bottom of the tank to keep it clean?

Cheers, CatBrat.

For plants in such a deep tank, you will need top of the line lighting, expensive and heat generating as well.

You won't want any heaters in your fish room will be one gain tho.

I saw a monster like that down in either Chch or Dunedin when attending an FNZAS conference there.

They had underwater lights worked from a console on the rimu frame that surrounded the front face of the tank.

Almost making it picture framed.

It finished it off lovely.

But disappointing part was the poor plants, lack of light,

and the size of the fish in a tank that had been there for ages.

We, the oglers, reacon that the water quality may not have been too easy to keep up to scratch,

therefore, hard to keep the fish there.

He maintained the tank by getting into it, and his wife pointing to where to put things.

The house was actually built around the tank.

Love it,

this is where the tank is to go(big concrete foundation block), build the house from here.

Alan 104