How to feed zucchini?

Caper

I don't cook mine (would not know how to!). I just cut off a slice 1 cm, thick, and to weigh it down I screw a brass screw through it horizontally. Don't know the affect of brass on fish or water, but have never seen any adverse effects.

I sometimes feed cucumber, but it goes mushy and I once lost several B/N that died overnight and were covered in something horrible - looked a bit like mildew. Now, I take the remnants out after about 12 hours. The zuchini is different, because its all gone after 12 hours. I just have to remember to remove the brass screw, ready for next time!

this is how i prepare it:

cut into 1cm thick circles, then 1/4 them.

boil for a couple of mins

freeze.

when i want to give Rex, my pleco, some i just throw a couple of pieces into the tank and as they defrost they sink. i put about 5 pieces in as theres normally a fight over who gets which piece between my rainbow shark, pleco and 2 chinese algae eaters.

hope this helps.

it also saves from dropping foreign objects into your tank.

Did the spoon thing the other night and Chong was eating it, first time...couple of the others tried to nip it...when he wasn't looking!

Tsarmina, I was wondering if I could freeze it...does it have to be cooked to freeze it? Because I just put it in the tank raw.

How often do you folks feed the plecos this? I read somewhere on the net that if they get too much vegies they won't eat the algae, is this true? So, now that he has eaten it, I don't want to give too often.

I just tried feeding my bristlenose fry some zuchini today. Man that stuff is HARD to find! I thought they might take a few days to get the idea...Nope, it was all gone within about 8 hours, fed them half a zuchini chopped into round slices and nuked until they sank.