Info on red eye tetras?

Caper

If anybody could please provide some info on these, would be greatly appreciated!

Read some on the internet about them...said they should be kept in schools, nip fins, and shouldn't be kept with smaller tetras...but other sites say they are a great community fish!

I have 2 of them :oops: :oops: . I was talking to a guy in the store who has 2 and he said they never cause problems and he has neons as well, and he has never had more than 2.

Have I made a mistake? See the guy working in the store said that he would never get a sailfin molly because they are so aggressive...I told him I have one and he's fine...he only bothers with the other molly, chasing each other but never any injuries so I'm guessing just play.

Soooooooo...I thought I could try the 2 tetras...was I wrong to do this :oops:

fishnalities

I like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Caryl...well from everything I'm reading and from what you experienced people here know...it does seem to depend on the individual fish...at least sometimes.

Do you recommend I get more though to keep them in a school?

sorry i didn't make myself very clear.. i mean..

say we mix some Neon tetras with some lemon tetras, for example, will they form one big school, or will they separate out into group by species?

Or is that what you meant? Haha sorry, i am not with it today.

lol ... their eyes might "pop" out of the sockets but you might be sucessful!

as they will be blind they wouldn't care who they schoool with but .. hmm ..... you will have to take the gamble .... 1(same species tetra schools ..6 minimum) 8) ... 2 (mixed ( lolly scramble) of blind multi coloured schooling tetras) :o ... take your pick... :wink:

I agree with Klay...everything I read so far...all tetras school with their own kind, for lack of a better word. Although, was told at dept store & pet store that they would :x

I had 3 black neons (1 gone to fishy heaven) and they didn't school with the neons...the odd time you might see them together, but school with them, nah.