Livebearer wiki

Aqua

Hey all - I've setup a wiki at http://www.nik.co.nz/wiki

In case you don't know what a wiki is, do a google for wikipedia :) It's basically a community-supported knowledge base, where everybody (that registers) can write up their own information, and edit what others have said!

Hopefully the idea takes hold for a few people, you'll be able to write up profiles of fish, even upload pictures to include them!

Cheers

Nik

Interesting cover page. These are my "pest snails" in my Discus tank and I was just admiring the patterns on the shell earlier.... before I smooshed him an fed him to the discus.

Cool idea, but I'd love to do one on other fish as well. Basically a Dr. Axrelrod's online. And easy to correct errors as well. So can anyone go and edit anything? Would be rather miffed if someone wiped out something I spent a long time putting together... :-?

i am really keen to help out with the wiki but i sorta get really lost! and i don't really know a whole heap about livebearers. If i can work out how to get around the wiki can i just add random fish etc? as long as they are relevant to the fish keeping hobby in nz?

absolutely - add whatever fish you can to the wiki :)

First you need to register, so you need to click the link at the top right where is says

create an account or log in

If you want to make a new user, just type in a username (In the format UserName if at all possible), a valid email address & your real name (If you want), leave the password field blank and click the "Create new account" button.

From there, if you want to create a new page, all you need to do is go to the Front Page, click the link I've created to the new page creator, and follow the instructions there. It's all very simple really, once you get your head around it. If you go to edit a page, you'll notice some buttons at the top. If you hover over those, they'll pop-up with what they do :)

So can anyone go and edit anything? Would be rather miffed if someone wiped out something I spent a long time putting together... :-?

Just to let you know B&K, if somebody 'wipes out' a page (over-writes, deletes etc), it's always recoverable, just go to History, click on the radio button where the previous version was, and click 'compare'. From there, all you need to do is click 'rollback' and the page reverts back to what it was prior to the change :)

Or, if that's too confusing, email me, and I'll fix it for you :)

C'mon guys - I'd love to see this happen!!