Algae Growth

Krazy

Ah questions questions!

I have a co2 unit in my tank. At the end of the tube on the diffusor it grows white (see through) fluffy looking fungus, anyone care to enlighten me as to the cause of this?

I also have similar growth on the suctions cups of my heater, this is just recent.

Would this have anything to do with maybe the temperature?

My heater is set at 26 degrees but for some reason the water is getting warmer than this about 27-28 degrees. I am in the process of turning the heater down to 25 then to 24 in the next couple days which will hopefully keep the water at 25-26 degrees.

Is this harmful to the fish as I am a bit worried that if I pull the suction cup out and it all falls in the water it may affect the fish?

Ph is 6.8 and everything else 0

Anyone have any reasons/suggestions as to what it is, what the cause is and if it is harmful?

Thanks

Fluffy???

I have seen white stuff on my suction cups (for heater) but it's nothing to worry about...when I'm giving my tanks a good cleaning I just clean it off...but what I'm talking about isn't fluffy but I'm sure someone here can help you :D