Fish & eggs for breakfast

Kriber

If two week old guppy fry couldn't survive the introduction of a pair of kribs and I noticed that one female guppy has 'mysteriously' lost weight overnight and some zebra danios were having a threesome spreading their eggs around I guess this means fish & eggs for breakfast.

Ah, the joys of owning a single community tank.

What fry have any of you got to survive into adulthood being raised entirely in a comm tank?

I managed to get 15 Kribs survive in a heavily stocked tank. This tank isnt heavily planted either as the hoplos take great delight in tearing my neat arrangments to bits!! :lol:

I am amazed at how many fry they have. The tank in the garage which just has the Kribs and babies must have close to 200 fry in there.

The fish inside must of had a feeding frenzy to demolish the fry. Poor parents! They did a valiant job.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've managed to raise Bristlenose Catfish in a 3ft tank.

Oldest offspring is about 3yrs old. He was the only survivor of the first spawning. He even escaped the Angel Fish!!!

I gave the Angels to a girlfriend, and was inundated with baby BN

After 5 or so months I had 200+ babies which caused Ammonia poisoning.

All of this stress lead to a drop in the immune systems, which caused White Spot and Dropsy.

Huge Learning Curve!!! :roll:

Annie

My problem of fry and eggs getting eaten has been moderately stopped cause I bought a 2ft tank just for breeding :D

Still I bet there is still a lot of eggs and fry that go missing in my comm. tank.

Yes mother, the 2nd tank will be my last while I still live at home! :D:D