Things that move around

raeh1

I can't even explain this.

Over a week ago a small frag of Brain coral fall down the back of my rocks, and I couldn't find it.

Then I got home last night there it was up on-top of my coral rocks.

Now I asked my wife if she moved it, because it doesn't have legs....

But she said that she didn't. I cannot explain a movement of over 20cm in a day.

Can anyone else, maybe a fish picked it up?? Or a bristleworm??

Very weird,

more likely a larger crab (now you will say that you don't have any, :wink: ) i believed that my tank was crab free after removing 3 larger ones to my sump when i upgraded. 6 months later i found another big one (and no i didn't introduce any new rock). and the only reason that i new i had another large crab was the loss of some leather coral branches. damn crabs. :evil:

Anyway talking about things that move other stuff.

I have just spotted a brown a white one, body size around 20cent piece

looks quite hairy on his back, brown and white bands on his legs, white spot on pincers

Any Idea, Good or Bad?

/Bruce

You talking about a crab? If so, depends what else you are keeping but they all have to eat something. There is a tropical brown hairy crab that is harmful to corals but don't know if that is your one. But most of the crabs do more harm than good, but there are a few that can be good in an aquarium, but no brown hairy ones as far as I know anyway.

Best plan would be to isolate it if you ever get the chance to catch it, and also to attempt a photo. If you could post a photo on Reef Central you will get some good info, those guys know more about crabs because of the live rock they can get.