August 22, 200521 yr comment_61561 One of our giraffe's have blown up like a ballon, dont think its dropsy because none of its scales are sticking out, we have lost a few fish before when they have done this.... any way to cure it or anyone know what it is? Report
August 22, 200521 yr comment_61565 Hi Polgara I lost all of my severums and one of my Oscars to bloat, which was very very upsetting! Turns out that it can be induced by the food. I only feed floating pellets, and this is not good for severums. I have not had a problem with my other oscar, so perhaps it is a weakness that only some fish have. Still, may pay to have a look at what you are feeding them. Report
August 22, 200521 yr Author comment_61567 Have been feeding them the same stuff for months and only in the last 2 weeks we have 2 giraffe's and another looks like its on its way out.... the only thing that could have been different was that i was occasionally chucking in some freeze dryed tubflix worms but that was last done friday and noticed the bloated giraffe this morning. Report
August 22, 200521 yr comment_61639 It is a toughy. I had my severums for years, and they were fine, then I lost all 3 to bloat in a short space of time. Perhaps they are only affected as older fish???? Maybe it is a bacterial infection of the gut, that is not helped by certain foods? Darn fish, if we knew how to help them, we would! Pity about your giraffe, they are some of the best africans ever! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.