SPS colouration (or lack of)

chimera

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reef and pies should tack their tanks at the end of the thread, just as nice imo. of course, the italian gh tank is just crazy coz it's so damn packed with sps theres hardly room for fish. be like living in a straw field. gh,.. baah - a new fad in reefing, close to genetic modification if you ask me.

This is the polemic: We wonna see the author's photos about their tanks keep with their methods! We are tired to read their articles and don't see the results obtained year after year

this makes a lot of sense to me. wish other people that post info would follow their advise. :D:hail:

no BS thats a fact!!! show me your money, no sorry tank that is!!

Have any of you that use Zeolite monitered the KH when you first added it to your systems, how quickly did it rise, what was the time frame.

Sorry for butting into your thread Chimera but I should defend myself.

Cookie Extreme wrote.

what happened to Control, another "listen to me how you should do things, but can't show you any pictures ever" reefer from CHCH?

What a load of B.S.

I have always argued that there are many ways to keep marines, and stated some of the ways that I have keeped them as examples against the people in this forum that think there is only one way to do it, which has always caused arguements.

You seem to be forgetting that I was the person who suggested, and spent a long time argueing with, and being abused by people for my efforts, that we should make sticky threads to show people how to set up tanks of differant types and over differant cost ranges and explain the pro's and con's of each so people could make up their own mind based on what they want and can afford.

I have stated many times that my tank isan't much to look at and wont be untill my wife's inquirable medical condition improves and her medical bills go down so I have some spare money, I'm sorry if you find this inconveneant.

If you are that desperate to see it, fly down here and have a look at it, I've got bigger problems to deal with.

If your going to mouth off about people get your facts right.

Better still don't do it at all.

proof is in the pudding i suppose.

back on topic, i start on zeovit's hopefully tomorrow (assuming brendan couriered the stuff off this arvo)

i've taken heaps of "before" photos and have test kit readings on water chemistry as at now. will post these later on then take similar photo's every week or two.

I know Cookie very well, and believe me he ment no OFFENSE what so ever, I understand his point though. I like my tank alot and ive done it on the cheap. Im happy to talk to ppl about it or for ppl to come over when i have spare time that is. If you able to jump online, surely it doesnt take up that much more time to post a pic ? if you think your system works hta well, infact would be great to see a pic of your tank control, as not that manyy ppl here run turf scrubbers

Dogmatix

I haven't run that system for along time,

The tank cracked in the front while running in my garage during a move around I did with them and I lost over $1500 worth of stock.

I have said this before.

The only big system I have running is is my main 6' tank which is nearly empty and bearly surviving.

I have managed to keep some turf algae in the tank and intend to put a turf scrubber on the tank, When It's established I'll remove my poor old DIY skimmer.

My biggest problem is that I can't afford to stock the tank with our current sercumstance so there isan't much insentive for me to do it at the moment.

I did activate my site but I haven't done anything to it yet.

Most of my internet time is spent trying to help my wife who has managed to get out of hospital for a couple of days for my daughters 3rd birthday.

Chimera, just be careful to go slow, that's the main thing I'd say to someone starting zeovit. Especially if you are wanting to get some cool photos, it's tempting to hurry things along, and end up loosing corals.

You'll see some changes probably within the first few days, but take the long term view of months to get where you want to go. You should be planning on several months at least to get to phase 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Soon. Just hell busy as at the mo... 12hr days suck, too many clients too little time :-? Will post on my tank thread either tomorrow or Wednesday. There are improvements, none to the 2 large brown acro's, but definately some to the smaller acro frags. Still the frags are not completely coloured up but I am reserved on the zeovit thing and know it will take a while! They are definately getting there. Pics soon... just hope the camera can show the true colours. Might make a perspex box to get the top down shot (or go grab a diving mask from the garage :lol: )