Siam Tigers

macka

Well not much success from the arowana thread (you people should buy some :wink: ) so richard and i thought we would start this one. So who has got them? how big where they when you got them? how big are they now? what is there diet? Housing? future plans (buy more or bigger tank) and Richard can post first :D

Do I have to??? Nothing much to talk about mine... only got it less than 2 months... still a baby... just under 3 inches... but very brave... chased the 5 inch oscar around when it was first introduced to the tank...

very picky eater... only eats live earthworms, mosquito larvae and live bloodworms... does not touch frozen bloodworms or any pellets... seems to like frozen mysis shrimps though... probably because they are whole shrimps with the head and all and it thinks it is alive.... sucker... i will start starving it when after a few more months though.... have to force it to start eating pellets....

Plans for the future... definitely more!!! not sure if it is possible to introduce new smaller tigers to an established tank with a grown tiger... it might get killed for dinner....

edit* just wanted to say that his/her name is TIGGER... since I see macka mentions jonathans name all the time...

I would love to be able to breed them... though they will probably only be able to be bred in ponds... will have to build myself a pond when I get my own house...

I have 2, one is 250mm and about 7 years old (I've had it for 3 years) and the other is about 9 months old and is about 100mm long and growing fast. They are in 2 different tanks at the moment, but as soon as the smaller one gets to about 150mm I'll move it in with the larger one.

I have finally got the larger one to eat dead and frozen food. The smaller one will still only eat live food.

I currently have 2. Of course theres jonathon, he is currently 40cm in length, he was about 30cm when he arrived, Ive had him for about a year and a half. His diet is beefheart, shrimp, prawns, chicken hearts, moths, beefheart vege mix(have to trick him into eating this by droping it in with beefheart). He is housed in a 6'*2'*2' tank. The second one I have is (little jonathon :oops:) about 20cm in length and was only about 12cm when I picked him up, hes been living here for about a year. Hes the fussy one, currently he'll only eat beefheart, shrimp, prawns, live fish. He inhibits a 6'*2'*2' tank with the arowanas. :P. Future plans hope to get a couple more to form a school :D .

Mines ~120mm I got him about 8 months ago. He seems happy to eat small fish, frozen food, live food, pellets or flakes. I've found him to be a very tempremental fish, sometimes hiding in his cave all day sometimes coming out to greet me. Real nice fish though