Greetings from Sth Auckland

Darryl Mcg

Hello Everybody

have just joined the Forum and am pleased to see the amount of activity and sharing of expertise going on. I have been keeping tropicals for about a year, and have moved from a 40litre to 215litre tank (Aqua One AR980).

Absolutely love the hobby and can't believe how attached one becomes to his/her fishy charges. My tank is probably a bit overstocked, but the water quality remains healthy and the community fish get along quite well.

I have the following mix

3x Silver Sharks

2 x Angels

2 x Opaline Gouramis

2 x Golden Gouramis

2 x Paradise

7 x Rummy Nose Tetras

11 x Neons

9 Platys

2 x Chinese Algae eaters

2 x Flying Fox's

1 x Albino Pleco

3 x Clown Loaches

7 x Khuli Loaches

1 x Siamese Fighter

Any one had water squirting out the back due to pump/Filter problems? I may be able to offer a solution.

Regards

Darryl McGregor

Hi Darryl,

Welcome to the site! Where are you, by the way? Oh, South Auckland, duh.

We have an AR980 as well. We added an extra Fluval 204 filter to it and made a rather nice Discus tank. No problems with the filter squirting as of yet.... can't imagine where it would squirt from, exactly.

As for fish, there's plenty of surface area on the 980s to support a large # of fish, and the return on the stock filter provides aeration to allow for a few more than would otherwise be allowed. Sounds like a nice tank with a good variety of fishies. Only thing I can say is that your Chinese Algae Eaters (you'll hear them referred to as CAEs on here) are a solitary creature and will most likely fight to the death when they grow bigger.

Good ;uck with everything and see u around. Oh, there's a chat room on here that people tend to visit around 9pm or so...

Blue and Kim