New Tank!

Shilo

Ok, I've had enough of this sun 8) (well my burnt back has). So today I got stuck into finishing off the tank stand. Not a professional job but sturdy and looks pretty good in the lounge. I couldn't resist setting up the tank to go on it. I used the water, gravel and filter from the old aquarium so hopefully no major cycling will occur. My fish have now moved from their cramped 50ltr apartment to a 125ltr mansion. :D

As soon as they where released:

• The Tetras attacked anything that floated near them.
    The SAE's took one look at the shinny algae free glass and hid in disgust.
    The Pleco scorned all the hidey holes I had painstakingly made for him and promptly set about rearranging driftwood and plants :x
    And finally the Skunk Loaches did a circuit of their new home then promptly fell on their sides and played dead!!! :roll:

How’s that for gratitude!

At least I'm happy with the new set up. :)

Cheers

Shilo

It worked :lol: , served them notice of cramped confinement and now the fish are settled and happy!. No measurable ammonia and nitrite below 0.25ppm. The water did cloud up last night but was clear again by morning. At least they will be getting fit swimming 2X the distance in each circuit!

Sorry Goldie, but don't have a digital camera so no pics. Still have the hood to complete. At the moment they only have a 20 watt tube & I'm getting the bits together to boost it to 50 or 60.

The Plec's given up on landscaping. Every time he shifted something the "Big Hand From Above" came down to put it back. Hopefully he will choose a different career and allow the plants to re-root.

Have to keep away from fish shops since acquiring new stock is too tempting with a larger tank. I know that the Loaches can triple in size, the SAE's have another 10cm to grow and the Pleco will not stop growing. But hey, I do have a spare 50ltr now :D