help need hardy plants

fishgirl

Im am about to start planting my new 5' tank out and it will also have a co2 unit , they problem lies in my belovered fish I what my tank to look lush with plant life but my oscar and pink tailed chalceus and my ruby shark have great delight in taking the tops off the plants, I have been doing a bit of trial and error but its gets a bit costly. So far the flaxs, java ferns,some swords and a few others have survived. I dont want to have a tank full of plants with no fish or a tank fill of fish with no plants here lies my problem? :bow:

Do they acually eat the tops, or do the tops end up floating around in your tank? 'Cos We've had a few plants topped and left to float. I just planted the tops into the gravel and they are still growing there now - two plants for the price of one, albeit a lot shorter! Our clown loaches ate $$$ in plants until we put lettuce leaves in for the pleco. They started eating it as well! Maybe your fish suffer from 'Tall Poppy Syndrome'? :lol:

Cheers,

Vapo