Gidday!

Todd

Hi, found this site looking for some info on fish so thought I'd say Hi.

I've just bought a 2ft tank devoid of fish as yet - so a total newbie.

My brother started up a tank of tropicals and I sort of got interested so here I am.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the welcome :D

I'm planning on setting the tank up for cold water fishies.

There is a place in Albany (closest to me I think) that has heaps of different sorts. There were some that look like tiny trout, thought a group of those could look cool.

I'm going to be moving house in a few weeks though, sort thought I'd wait 'til after that.

The place I'm moving to (Mathesons Bay) has rainwater tanks - I'd imagine that makes things simpler?

Cheers!

Hi todd!!

I joined a couple of weeks ago and have found this site amazing, the people here are awesome!!!

If you wanted, Go into the Off-Topic fishroom and tell us a wee bit about yourself.

If not, Welcome to the Fishroom!! I am sure you will enjoy your time here!!!

Hi Todd and welcome,

Plenty of info here, and as caryl has said, check the adult size first as there is nothing worse than keeping it and then having to move it on cos it is too big.

Of course then you could always just buy a bigger tank.

If your free a few of us meet in chat most nights round 9pm, hop in and join us, we chat about fish once in a while.

B

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the NZ Fishroom.. a great place to be as others will tell you. :)

You say:

I'm going to be moving house in a few weeks though, sort thought I'd wait 'til after that.

The place I'm moving to (Mathesons Bay) has rainwater tanks - I'd imagine that makes things simpler?

This is also a great place to be... spent many a happy hour there with the (then) kids :)

Some great fish to be had out on the local reefs if you want to set up a cold water marine tank.

Bill.