** need help!! **

morgie

hi,

i have a problem with my new fighter. i am trying to put him in a big tank but he simply can't hack it.

i have my other fighter in the tank at the moment and he can seem to take it. but when i switch them around after one night his fins are noticably rotting. i even put him in when i just did a water clean but still... i just don't understand. i don't know if i should leave him in the tank and let him adjust to it.

thanx

How similar is the water in the two different tanks? You may need to acclimatise it slowly over a few days. Are the fins definetly rotting?

What other fish are in the tank you are trying to introduce him to?

Sounds like you are taking one out of the big tank and replacing it with this new one, is that correct?

thanx snowman,

the water isn't similar so i see the problem. i am not replacing my other one i am trying to see if this one can handle the water so i can put a tank devider in. there are not many fish in the tank and they are all young there is only one other top feeder aswell (dalmation molly). the rest are 2 cory, 1 yoyo loach and a small b/n pleco.

i am interested to know how you climatise it because he is definately one of the best looking fighters i've seen. (i got first pick when the LFS got a new lot in) :D

cheers

Over a couple of days add some water from the new tank to the old tank, i would do a ltr or 2 three times a day depending on how many ltrs the old tank is, basically trying to bring the water temp, ph etc of the new tank as close as possible to that of the old tank so the betta is comfortable going from one tank to the other.

The other fish shouldn't be a problem so good luck with the move : -)>