A challenge

Rusty

Hi, I got home from work today to discover about 15 new guppy fry in my tank must have been 2/3 drops since i only have a small population

7 adults 4 female 3 male

and about 8 youngsters

just wondering what to feed them i got a small fry tank for them all ready to go.

Also how do i catch the little buggers lol there to fast for me :( i want to try keep them all if pos cause a want to get a bigger community tank sometime in the near future.

Cheers.

just wondering what to feed them

Hi Rusty,

If the tank is established and well planted with "live" plants, then they might be fine for a while, but otherwise grind up some flake food into a powder, then take a pinch and wet it in the tank while you swish it around slightly.

There are prepared foods.. (Liquifry for livebearers).. but by far the best starter food is Infusoria followed by newly hatched Brine Shrimp if you can hatch some out.

Follow on in around ten days with Micro Worm and crushed flake food.

Also how do i catch the little buggers lol there to fast for me

Try this...

Turn off the light at night... Shine a torch at one end of the tank, and when they congregate near the light gently lower the net below them and away you go.

Ensure the new tank is at the same temp and conditions as the one you take them from.

All the best,

Bill.

Thanks for the great ideas i managed to get them all into the small fry tank i done a water change to to make it easier but when i was emptying the bucket of water out i noticed there were little worm like things swimming in it any ideas on what these are?