Will try to get better pics soon :o

Calico fantail...right?

Moved.jpg

Hiding.jpg

Ha.jpg

Would like to introduce you to Slim & Jim

Jim..can't see his colors :(

Guppy.jpg

Slim...white bottom, pretty orange on rest of him...he didn't want to pose, but if you look closely...he is waving :lol:

Wave.jpg

Not much of a variety here for backgrounds, I didn't want to use the same for this tank so used the all blue. But, I am wondering...how do you think a bubble wall would look? May or may not try it.

Hi Caper

I love the calico fantail goldfish but my daughter wouldn't choose one when she was getting her fish :cry: I tried to be brave since they are her fish, not mine. I wonder if yours will change colours at all as it grows.

The guppies are pretty too. Is that Slim's tail at the edge of the first picture?

Hi mustcooktea :P

Yup...that's Slim's tail. I will try to get better pics of him and Jim.

Puff (calico fantail)...well, I don't know still looking for more info on them. Are they supposed to change colors?

What a friendly fish - I can see he is waving :lol:

I think calicos tend to keep their colours but brown goldfish can go red or orange, red or orange ones can go white and I had 2 orange goldfish once whose bodies stayed red but the fins all went white. Looked gorgeous!

Hmmm....anybody out there have calico fantails...do they change color?

This is Slim...I don't understand...just looking at him he looks orange and white...but in the pic...colors look different...could it be reflections & such?

Slim.jpg

Slim & Jim

SlimJim.jpg

Your pics are getting better caper! :wink: There is colour variation due to reflections and stuff from the flash.

Is there any reason why you chose bright blue gravel? I know it is a personal preference so don't take offence but I think a more natural colour looks nicer. All that colour in the gravel and ornaments detracts from the fish. I have never seen that bright blue gravel in nature in a riverbed have you? It is obviously popular though or pet shops wouldn't sell it in a variety of such bright colours. :-?

If you like it, then that is all that matters.

The gravel is darker than it looks in the pics. They didn't have much to pick from another lighter blue, red, green, white, multicolor and an almost beige color. I was told that the beige would always look dirty...soooooooo :roll:

Yah...I agree...I need a lesson in aquascaping (right word?).

My 10 gallon has incadescent lights. The 29 gallon has one florescent. I like it but I find its not bright enough...no, maybe that's not the best way to describe it...more like, doesn't light all of the tank, sorry not explaining very well :roll: Love the fact that it doesn't heat up the tank like the incadescents!