fishy bie fishy die!

Chakuna

From what I've been reading, just about any fish can become aggressive...is that true?

But I though platies were considered non-agressive. I'm hoping, if I can get something other than red wag to add more to my tank but I only want males. So what happened with Chakuna's, males attacking males, is this more of an unsual thing as compared to the "norm"????? :roll: :roll:

There is aggression and there is aggression. The males of many species get territorial as they grow and will chase away other males they consider a threat. In some cases this just means 'chase', in others, they will actively attack and maim - even kill in some species.

Platys etc do have aggressive dominant males who will kill other males.

Ok...so sometimes its more of territorial thing then as opposed to...I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!

Does the absence of females make a difference, I ask since I don't want females?

Just noticed Caryl...someone has my secret name "nervous wreck" :lol: :lol:

To be honest I don't know whether having females or not makes a difference to male aggression. I don't have any livebearers myself.

Nervouswreck is a mate from another forum which seems to have shut down so I suggested he join us here :wink: