sick bettas!

guppylover2

oh know! i think i have finrot! it's been very cold lately, and the tanks with the fighters are in a draughty part of the house. i think it must be this, as my water quality is normally good. one of the fighter's fins is noticeably shorter and frayed. don't worry, they are not in the same tank!

so i've moved one into my big tank with more stable temp in the warmer room, in a breeder trap unfortunately at the moment as have some other fish in there, and am doing melafix, and temp is at 27 degrees celsius. hopefully works!

do you think i should add bettafix?

will move other fish into tank too, in another breeder trap.

I'm sorry I'm not much help with giving advice on sick fish.....but sounds like you are treating already?

Maybe give it a bit of time to work before trying anything else?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you.

Do you have pics of them.....this may help?

will get photo soon. betta still healthy otherwise and active. read somewhere about noesulfex as antibiotic cure for finrot - do we have this in nz?

betta still in breeder trap unfortunately in main aquarium as let him out and he flared at everything that moved! and bit a piece of tail out of a zebra danio! at least i know he is active. don't want to risk putting him back in jebo.

maybe it was poor water quality, he was in with two catfish. but i have read somewhere that they don't like draughts, and it is a cold room.

anyway, will leave him in this tank for the meantime, and watch fins.

how long does the tail take to grow back?

what is happening? fin was healing well, unfortunately now has whitespot so am treating for that. then today came home to find all fins frayed, looking less like finrot and more like trauma. fish by himself, all fins frayed. could he be biting them? even dorsal fin? or can it still be finrot? still treating with melafix and now with whitespot cure.

help!