Need to destock tank

Maxy

I think I may have gone overboard with the fish numbers and now want to destock tank. Not sure if this post is in the appropriate place. Have never sent or received fish and not sure how to do this either. Please someone help me out! I have guppies, mollies, platies, keyholes, cocho blues, and rummynose tetras. Am feeling v disheartened at the moment but want to do whats best for my fish. Any interest?

Who lives down that way that would have a spare filter and heater to help out some wee fishies...or have some spare tank room to baby sit till the new tank is setup?

You could put up a new post asking for a fishysitter...

Having two tanks would be an ideal solution.

Hoping your lotto #'s come up Sat night then you can go get a new filter, stones. heater etc to set up the new 4ftr.

Maxy

If you want to, give me a ring... (looks at the time) Today... 021 754 805 its my work phone so i'll be the only one that answers it. I can babysit for you if you like, as i have quite a few spareparts around to house your fish. Decide what you want to keep at home. Then we can sort something out for the rest.

Ps... incase the wife gets the phone before me.....Ask for Tony. :)

I didn't think that anyone else lived down this way :o Where abouts are you Raven??

I would help you out Maxy but I also only have the one tank :( and its not as big as your current one and I don't have any spare parts to lend you either untill you got your second tank set up.

I sure hope that you can get a sitter sorted or something. Good Luck and let me know how you get on :D

Thanks people, good idea. I may have someone keen to take some fish permanently so that will help alot. Will think about your more than generous offer Raven, thank you so much. Good old southern hospitality eh! And an extra thank you to Snowman. Let you all know as soon as I formulate a plan, (thats assuming I get home from work to a tankful of NOT DEAD fish!)

One dead neon upon arrival home tonight, but he had been attacked not slaughtered by his useless keeper. Have just tested ammonia again after another ten percent water change and its still miles away from zero. Havent added any ammolock as I dont like it and snowman is right, its better to fix the water naturally than chemically. Have added a couple of big airstones tonight to help aerate the water, whether this will help or not? Have put the bumblee gobys in the trade section where hopefully someone can give them a better home than me.

Maxy,

Don't be so hard on yourself...you are trying to do your best. I've seen & read where some poor fish suffer for no other reason than "known" human cruelty. You are learning...just like me...and believe me this is the place to learn.

I told you....GREAT...people here and that they'd get you through this.

You folks are so eager and willing to help...gee...puts hand on gin...and dreams of winning lotto to go visit this wonderful place :P:P

Hats off to you all..... :bow::bow::bow: