Skunk Corydoras

Blitz

I bought five of these fish from the LFS about a week ago. At the moment they are in my 180L community tank and all seem to be doing fine. I have noticed that there arent many of these fish at the shops. (correct me if im wrong) I have been thinking about trying to breed these guys. Does anyone have any experience with them? I was thinking of putting them into my 26L for breeding along with some guppys that are in there at the moment.

Thanks

Blitz

hi Blitz I don't have any experance of breeding fancy corys but I do know that the smallest tank you should use is 30x60x30cm = 50lt.

I have found that when my bronze cats breed in a tank with tank mates the other fish eat the eggs when just layed and still soft, even guppys

for info on breeding corys try planet catfish there is alot of articals on fancy corys and even if they don't have 1 on the skunks you may be able to use the info on breeding other corys. like doing a 50% water change and adding new water over 2 or so hours that will drop the over all tank temp by 5C.

Sue and Craig from up in the Waikato are at last getting back into breeding corys again.

They were very good at it before they stopped

They are the only ones that I knew that bred the zebra pl*cos

Alan 104

The breeders link to their homepage is

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~zebra/

The idea of the * in pl*co is something I picked up on a forum in the states.

It is believed that if the "E" is in place, some dire happenings may occur to the health of your pl*cos, doesn't matter what species, so why tempt fate and write plec opps nearly did it, pl*co.

As for them still breeding the zebbies, no and they use to sell them for $90 to me and I'd sell them for $100.

Doesn't that make ya weep now??

Email them about what they are breeding,

and quietly ask them to update their web-site.

Alan 104