my new desktop nano for work

Brianemone

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok now lets break this down to the understanding level of a blonde. Not that I am blonde but I find it easier if its explained that way.

What is needed? as there are a lot of things that I have never heard of before with freshwater tanks. So besides tank and water what else.....

How small can I go safely? and can someone show me why you need holes drilled?

cheers

Sorry it's a bit difficult asking for a post with "what is needed", its a bit like your trying to tell someone every thing they need to know about fresh water but 10 time worse. I really incourage you to look into it as its very rewarding, but you should do some research (theres plenty of info here and on other sites), and ask to have a look at other peoples tank/setups.

I'm in Wlg your welcome to look at mine and ask questions.

Regarding the holes, the main reason is because marine tanks require a lot of water movement so it is safer, tider, convenient, etc etc. For setups with sump you almost have to drill an overflow, there are ways around it but really not worth the extra problems.

The key to keeping marine fish and corel happy is quality water condistions and STABLE parameters, therefore as a tank gets smaller it gets harder to keep the paramenters etc stable. i.e. adding 1 liter of fresh water to top up a 100 liter tank wont change the parameters much, adding 1 liter to a 10 liter tank...... poor example but you get the idea

• 2 weeks later...

yeah i've been watching oogie on Zeovit dot com. his tank is about the size as my frag tank in the garage (no smart comments by the people who have seen it because i am a sensitive guy). just a bit more high tech and other good bits i don't have. :cry: one thing it show that you really (and i mean really) need a chiller on a very small well lit tank.

will be interesting to follow the outcome!!

i take it very personal when you guys pick on me. may be i should go to a different forum where i am more understood!! :D:D:wink:

i always thought that my garage tank was very advanced to say the least (you just jellous) :lol: . hey it keeps my stonies alive, they even grow more then i was able to do 15 years ago (or 5, or 4 hrrrgmm well you get my point). :wink: