waterproof flourescent light end caps

SAFFABOY

Just had a look at what is being sold here in the Arcadia Line.

Petware NZ is the sole distributer for Arcadia In NZ

T5 End Caps - Not Available

T5 End Caps attached to controller - Available

IP Rating looks like 6-7

If you want them then you will have to import

/Bruce

PLEASE let me know if anyone finds waterproof T5 endcaps!

I think you gonna find it hard to get t5 end caps,mate! I might be wrong though.

I've checked these caps out.Kritter Kindom can get them for me at +/- $30.

Those are for t8's by the way.

I'm looking at my old lfs shop back in south africa.I think it might work out cheaper,with postage!My old man is on the case! Old reef keepers never die! Bless!

Anyway,they are out there.Ask for arcadia end caps.Petware import them and southern petware should have them in the south island.Note:these guys are wholesalers- you need to contact your retailer to order through them.

Cheers

very few manufacturers will ever say 'water proof'. otherwise if they do, it will cost you as the consumer heaps more to buy. the manufacturer has to spend the extra $$$ in R&D and parts/manufacturing etc to ensure it's fully leak proof - plus cover their arse on warranties :D

The Arcadia ones would need a goog socking to get water in them.

I think you guys will find that your shops would rather sell you a complete unit, If one shop can get the caps with leads only then so can the others.

Aaron.

I have a couple of tubes over my main tank with Arcadia fittings running them, one of the tubes has been knocked into the tank a few times now. I freaked the first time it happened but after carefully turning off all the power then removing it I opened it up and found to totally dry, ever since I just pull it out by the cord (just in case) and put it back on the tank.

Might not be the "look" you are after... but a good way to waterproof the ends of tube fiitings, and also stop the tubes dropping out is..

Cut two lengths (approx 75mm) of bicycle intertube. (The narrow racing bike tubes are best approx 25mm diam)

Stretch these over the tube ends and roll back to allow you to install the tube.

Once in place, just roll the tube over the holder and both the tube and holder are sealed.

I've had this type of conversion on my tanks for years, with no signs of condensation or water getting into the lamp ends.

BIll.

:) One lot has been on for around four years... still looks as good as the day it was fitted... apart from the dust that is :)

"Rubber" inertubes these days are not "rubber" in the normal sense of the word, but more of a synthetic material.

Bill.