Puffers... where?

morgie

I am interested to know where everybody gets their puffer fish from because i cant find them and really interested in getting one.

If anybody is interested in selling me one that is in the auckland region it would be appreciated. i am after any sort, hopefully small. :hail:

cheers

Thanx for the help

I was also wanting a brazillian puffer or something small and less aggresive. I don't know the price range for these but i heard they're expensive. If anyone could give me an idea of the price and how hard they are to get into an LFS that would be cool.

thanx again, morgie

Thanx for the help Ira. :D

there is just one more thing i need to know. I have...[list=]1BETTA

1neon dwarf gourami 2corydoras and a yoyo loach in the tank i wont to put him in

. I heard that the brazilian puffer is a peaceful puffer so i am wondering if it would be ok with these fish aswell as not nipping my bettas tail.

cheers.

Everytime I go to Hollywood's, they have puffers.. Not sure if they're brazilian or not though... I'll know in a month or so, when my old Ar510 becomes my boyfriend's 'retro' puffer fish tank!

• 2 weeks later...

Going from past experiences with puffers...I would not concider placing them in a tank with other "longfinned" (or in some cases ANY) fish.....I used to have some Dwarf freshwater puffers, and although listed as peaceful they totally de-finned my rosy barbs, and my (at the time) small hoplo cats.....(all made a full recovery after being moved to other tanks)

Bare in mind that youll probably need a supply of "Meaty" foods including prawns, Bloodworms, as opposed to flake, which they will just ignore, youll also need to occasionally supply them with some snails to keep their "beaks" ground down, or else over time they will become unable to eat ( I have heard that coral can be used, but never had any notable success with this)

Once a puffer such as a brizilian puts on some size.....anything will be "fish fodder" (my term for live food)

Puffers are really cool fish to keep, and some soon become accustomed to their owners....

Sadly I dont currently have any Puffers, and I havent seen any in Christchurch for ages.......One day I will get some more....

Hope this helps you,

Chris