Time for Christchurch reef meeting

nodle

Ok so it seems Sunday afternoons are the best for everyone so lets say the first meeting is at my place sunday the 15th or 22rnd of may at 1.30pm. Post your preferance and i will set the date and try to talk the missus into it.

Steve is going to Rarotonga in a couple of weeks so i will try to work around him.

Dave :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok im keener on the 15th as it is closer but will keep it open for a couple of days just incase plus if i have the first one then i can get it done before we shift. By the way if you have plans for a diy calcium reactor please bring them with you this is an option i need to look at.

Dave.

Hey Layton - check me down for a frag too - but i need to find a temporary home for it as Im still in the process of designing etc. But would be good to have something to put in when its all set up, if thats OK. But keep the guys who have tanks already above me in line - thats only fair aye.

Chris

Don't worry, I won't be running out of frags any time soon. My tank is full of stuff. Just waiting for when I get some time to plan this new tank, looks like I'll just wait till uni is done and finished though. Just spend too much time there to get anything else done.

Layton

Hi guy's, haven't started yet but just asking ? so when i do i know what to do. 1, Do u use NSW and if so were do u colect if from. 2 what do u use in your sumps, noodles, mud, bio balls? What do you need that is different than freashwater set up ie skimmer, MH ligthing, pumps to move the water round etc.

so when i do i know what to do. 1, Do u use NSW and if so were do u colect if from. 2 what do u use in your sumps, noodles, mud, bio balls? What do you need that is different than freashwater set up ie skimmer, MH ligthing, pumps to move the water round etc.

what are you planning on keeping - what size and what contents?

Just thought I'ld ask the CHCH guys and girls about local stuff NSW etc. I'ld like to keep a reef tank with some fish depending on thier compatibility to corals. But hard and soft and clowns would be my aim. Tank size would be no smaller than 4' and no bigger than 8' depth and heigth would be somewhere between 1.5' and 2'. Not many details but this is probably a year away as I'm currently setting up to breed Discus and Tetras in my fish room so I can move all but 2 tanks out of the house. This would mean that I could keep a reef tank in the spare bedroom.

Hi guy's, haven't started yet but just asking ? so when i do i know what to do. 1, Do u use NSW and if so were do u colect if from. 2 what do u use in your sumps, noodles, mud, bio balls? What do you need that is different than freashwater set up ie skimmer, MH ligthing, pumps to move the water round etc.

Hi BK. Well, welcome to the hobby in advance. It would still be good for you to come along to the meeting I am sure. Could i suggest you cut and paste this question and start another POST though, because this one is really just so we can arrange a meeting. It could get a bit confusing for you to follow the answers to your questions otherwise.

i would HIGHLY recommend you go along to a meeting first and have a look first hand at one of the guys (or girls?!) tanks. ask as many questions as you can and learn how it all works. once you get a better idea, someone there will be able to help you get your tank setup (which will not only make it easier, but is likely to be more cost-effective too due to having some good contacts - in other words they'll send you to the best places. its less likely you will waste your money on crap products too - a few of us have been there done that :D )