Filter noisy

Martymc83

Hi Guys

Me again,  I have just set up my new tank and can not get the filter to stop rattling.  I understand that it needs to make some noise but it is very loud.

It is a Blue Planet SereneLife Atlantis 140L Aquarium HPLED tank with the integrated filter in the hood.  Has anyone seen/had any problems with them?  I think it might be the impeller as when I adjust the water flow through it the noise gets worse. 

Also when I was filling the tank I used a spirit level but when I have filled it it is slightly tilting to one side.  I thought this might be a factor but as the tilt is so slight I didn't think it should make much of a difference. 

Any advise guys please? 

Thanks

Marty

I really like these aquariums, I have the same one but I do find on the odd occasion it does rattle. Its way the filter is sits in the hood in my tank and if it's not sitting correctly (nice and snug) the vibrations make a loud noise. I'm not sure if it's the same in your case but all I do is lift the filter up and rearrange where it is placed ever so slightly so it is a snug fit. Sometimes it takes a bit of jiggling around to get the position right. It doesn't stop the noise completely but it makes a big difference.

I also keep the water flow down mid/low so it's not as noisy.

Thanks Pennyleigh

I turned out I had a faulty impeller, the rattle got worse,  I know the filter was going to make some noise but it got really bad!  The store I got it from have got another on order for me as they had no replacements in stock.  They were nice enough to lend me a internal filter while I wait for the replacement :)

Might keep the flow down to medium too.