Jebao return pump

fishgirl53

I am now thinking I will shift the baffles taking away the one on the right shifting the one on the left a couple of inches further to to the left and the middle one little to the left as well that will give me room to put both heaters in the sump at the moment the gap between the baffles is only 45cm not much room for anything between them this other way I will have a bigger gap for my media will I be able to do this so there will only be one gap with a full baffle on the left and the other baffle will still have a gap underneath it

I wouldn't shift them, just get rid of them completely. I looks like a "bubble trap" that you'd see in a salt water sump, albeit widely spaced, unless you have a specific reason for them just get rid of them. What are you using for mechanical filtration?

I have poret foam in the first chamber 10 20 then 30 ppi then polish in between the baffles I put 3kg of bio media the tank is filled and the pump is going I have it running on one I will play around with it to see if I can get it running on 3 or 4 at the moment the water is only about 2 inches above the pump

20160420_165630.jpg

20160611_184530.jpg

ok I will do that in a couple of days I think it is flowing allright I just put in some more water in the second chamber I can do more water if power goes off it will not flood I have it marked just need to get a bit more game to turn up the pump and open the valve I like to do that when some one is here to keep an eye on the water level what do you think I could run it at or will you need to see photos first thanks

Edited by fishgirl53

ok I will do that in a couple of days I think it is flowing allright I just put in some more water in the second chamber I can do more water if power goes off it will not flood I have it marked just need to get a bit more game to turn up the pump and open the valve I like to do that when some one is here to keep an eye on the water level what do you think I could run it at or will you need to see photos first thanks

The system should handle your pump opened right up with all the led's lit.  The sand will blow around and any fish may either take cover or like my native bullies love the surfing experience & keep heading into the current!. But the sump and overflow should be able to deal with it ok.  Ideally if the pump is set half to 3/4's and things flow well then it is at its ideal.  Both sides of the sump (the inlet and the pump side) should be reasonably level or at worst have no more then an inch difference.  If there is a large difference then it could mean that the gap under the baffles isn't large enough and they will have to be removed (easy with a razor blade or craft knife, scalpel etc) as this is the only possible restriction to flow that I can see. 

When setting pump speed look at your overflow stand pipes.  One should be a few inches deep (no noise & no air entering it) and one with just a very very small trickle going down (if you have a third then it should be above the water level & dry).  Play with the pump speed and the overflow valve until the flow in the tank looks right for the fish you want to keep and the stand pipes are as above. (more pump speed means opening the valve more & visa versa).