Plants for frog terrarium

Millie

Hi everyone, 

Are silver lady ferns, boston ferns, birds nest ferns and ficus natasha safe and/or suitable plants for green and golden bell frogs?

I have found these in the wee cuties plant section at the warehouse and would like to know if they are ok to put in my terrarium.

What other plants are suitable to use?

Personally I havent had experience with those plants in a frog tank. They could work due to ferns generally preferring lower light and higher humidity than the average plant,  however my main thought is that the frogs would probably squash them lol. I have two Southern bells which get to a similar size and they have destroyed a number of plants simply by virtue of bouncing on them more than the plant can handle :P  That said it could be worth trying it out as it could work, just view them as 'experiments'  to see what works well in with your bubs :) 

In my tank I have found that peace lily, acorus grass, syngonium, parlor palm and pothos tend to do really well :) one of my boys tends to love sunbathing from the leaves of the peace lily :3 I'm always on the look out for new plants to try,  I have a longer list of things that havent worked than of things that do lol :P 

I have the dwarf climbing ficus in with my green & golden bells, which seems to work well; not sure if it is the same as ficus natasha though, which might be a bit more like a tree. I also have pothos, and trying some acorus grass. I do have a fern, not sure what variety, but it really doesn't look too good and it keeps getting crushed.