looking for Pothos (devil's Ivy) for aquaponics

Hi there,

I would like to start a bit of indoor aquaponics with my fish tank and I know a few fish keepers around new Zealand are really enthusiastic about it.

My problem is I am looking for a pothos plant and I can't find any in the different shop I've tried (Warehouse, garden centers around the country, Bunnings or Mitre 10,...)

Is anyone of you would know where I can get some from or if you are the lucky owner of one of those be kind enough to spare a vine or two?

Thank you very much.

I've seen them in Palmers and Kings a few times,  though quite expensive at both :/ plus they weren't listed as either pathos or Devils ivy but I knew it was the right stuff due to the leaf shape and googling of the name on the tag (which I've now forgotten :/) I used to have quite a bit, but unfortunately not at the moment, otherwise I would have been more than happy to send out a vine :/ 

I have what I am 90% sure (identified from comparing photos etc of the leaves and growth habit) is 2 varieties of Pothos - purchased as un-named 'baby plants' from Bunnings. They don't have them there the whole time, but they come in regularly every few months. You just need to check regularly & know what you are looking for. Only a few dollars each, too  :)

Don't steal my potted one that runs out on auction tomorrow.( please its my bday pressie).. I'm trying to grow it so it can be shared I have a few cuttings I'm waiting for roots and new shoots before I can share 

Also not the only plant u can have a few of us have multiple plants in our tanks 

Good point-- If you haven't tried them or heard of them I've found parlour palm, syngonium, lucky bamboo and peace lily to also work well when grown with roots in the water :) I keep my lucky bamboo roots in a place where they can't possibly be reached/nibbled on by my wee fighter though, as it is thought to be toxic to them when eaten and I like to be on the safe side :) 

Hi Jorj X Mckie,

I currently have around 15-20 cuttings of Devils Ivy/golden pothos growing, I use them in my tanks.

Thay ave started to form roots in the water and growing new roods

There pretty hardy, and don't require a lot of light to survive

Im in auckland, but can ship I'm sure.

Pm me if your interested.

Cheers

Mike