My first tank.

YamNato

Hey there, just a thread to show my first tank. Only a 48 liter nothing special. Has a Pleco and Red tail shark. I know they will both out grow the tank, the Pleco will go into my African tank that I'll be slowly setting up over the next 4-6 months. The Red tail will stay with me until he is to big for the tank and then I will be giving him to a friend who has a big tank where he will fit in. Any ideas on stocking this after? I want the tank to be pretty active. The black filter in the tank is temporarily in with some extra media,  otherwise it's just the Eheim. I'm looking for more plants  and some java moss as I want a well planted tank, will be getting them soon. Here it is. Cheers

12722197_10153271838786507_721259011_o.t.

12597108_10153271838671507_290658348_o.jpg

Very nice and glad to hear you have plans for where both fish will end up :D RTS's are awesome :) 

It really depends what you are into-- personally I would stock it with a trio (1 m 2f) of dwarf honey gourami,  OR a pair of German blue rams,  cover the bottom in Ottos or panda corydoras and then have a smaller shoaler eg emerald eyes,  ember tetra,  dwarf spotted danios, or celestial pearl danios as the mid level swimmer-- danios in particular are nice and active.

If you wanted you could put an oddball type fish in there you could go species only Bumblebee goby (could have 6+) or dwarf puffer set up (could have 3+ in a 50L) OR you could just add a cute fish like banjo catfish (1-2) or hara jerdoni (3 or so) that would mooch around in the sand and appear every now and again. Or you could go for some quieter small gourami/dwarf cichlids eg chocolate or samurai gourami (6+) or some sort of apistos (a pair),  but would have to go with the quieter end of other fish to put with them (so some of the quieter shoalers eg emerald eyes,  ember tetra). 

Very nice and glad to hear you have plans for where both fish will end up :D RTS's are awesome :) 

It really depends what you are into-- personally I would stock it with a trio (1 m 2f) of dwarf honey gourami,  OR a pair of German blue rams,  cover the bottom in Ottos or panda corydoras and then have a smaller shoaler eg emerald eyes,  ember tetra,  dwarf spotted danios, or celestial pearl danios as the mid level swimmer-- danios in particular are nice and active.

If you wanted you could put an oddball type fish in there you could go species only Bumblebee goby (could have 6+) or dwarf puffer set up (could have 3+ in a 50L) OR you could just add a cute fish like banjo catfish (1-2) or hara jerdoni (3 or so) that would mooch around in the sand and appear every now and again. Or you could go for some quieter small gourami/dwarf cichlids eg chocolate or samurai gourami (6+) or some sort of apistos (a pair),  but would have to go with the quieter end of other fish to put with them (so some of the quieter shoalers eg emerald eyes,  ember tetra). 

Thanks heap, there are a lot of fish in there I like the look of, the banjo catfish especially until I saw they dig themselves in haha. Will definitely keep these in mind and do my research and plan what direction to go in! 

Thanks heap, there are a lot of fish in there I like the look of, the banjo catfish especially until I saw they dig themselves in haha. Will definitely keep these in mind and do my research and plan what direction to go in! 

Yeah I like banjos too but haven't gotten them before mainly for the dissappear-for-ages thing :P I tend to like fish that come up to the glass when they see me (one exception is my spiny eel lol). Best of luck for the tank :)